Monday, April 4, 2011

Hear Me Out

Those may be the words I say,
But that is not the thought I present.
I get frustrated when what I say
Seems to get all twisted and bent.

I know very well what it is
That I mean to say;
Its not my fault that your poor ears
Simply cannot hear it that way.

I know you’re trying hard to get
My meaning and my feeling,
But maybe you are trying too hard
And your mind is lost and reeling.

I know I often say I say
Just exactly what I mean,
But now I know there is something else
Hidden behind the scene.

I want to feel that I am safe,
I very much want to dare
To take a risk with what is in my heart
To take a chance and share

The thoughts and feeling deep inside
Where light has never shown -
The dark recesses of my mind
That only I have known.

So please be patient, hear me out
And my secrets you will learn.
It will all soon make some sense -
Then it will be your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment