Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Space to Unfold

“I’m just not sure what I really want,” she said,
With eyes glancing up, a smile curling her lips.
“It’s all so new and enticing to be able to
Just show up as me!” The flash in her eyes lit the room.
“And yet there’s still a part that gets spooked
All too easily when it gets too deep.”

A shuffle of papers to a letter from before
Written as someone to herself, divorcing as it were
The inner demons that tormented and flayed at her insides.
Some have been banished, some just paroled.

She licked her lips and gazed wistfully beyond
To new possibilities now unfolding, the underbrush parting
To bend to newfound strength.
“Who was I, then, to have been so frightened…
And yet with power comes discomfort;
But I shall never go back to how I was.”

No comments:

Post a Comment