Sunday, April 10, 2011

Out of the Depths

From the darkness of death, relinquishing any hope
Seemingly stuck in the dark pit of despair
With no life, no air, no chance for redemption
The vessel broken beyond repair

Yet once again there is the empty tomb,
Yet once again does light break through
Yet once again is a ray of small hope
Yet once again does spring of life ensue.

The word made flesh to be consumed,
The bloody drink to comfort anew
The aching thirst for life restored
Diverts the death march coming through.

I cannot find the way myself
Though fear keeps me gripping tight
To the chains that fetter me to darkness,
The sacrifice shines the healing light.

So I am softly led from darkness
Through the warm and gentle grey
Where release, though undeserved, is given,
Redemption in the crowning day.

No comments:

Post a Comment